Learning About Arduino and Nokia LCD
: Description : Interfacing an Arduino with a Nokia LCD device.
: Status : Research
: See also : Learning About Arduino and LCD
Picked up a Nokia 5120A for $NZ1.00 with the intention of re-purposing the graphical LCD by interfacing it with the Arduino.
Arduino specific links
Nokia 5120 Links
- PC Connection of Nokia 5120 and other LCDs (Spanish) -- Comprehensive instructions on how to dismantle phone, modify PCB, connect to LCD and more. Really good. Schematic and layout for multiple Nokia LCDs. (Auto-translation)
- Connecting an pcd8544-based display to a parallel port and drive it using serdisplib -- Includes details on 5120, connections, photos, schematics, PCB mods, backlighting etc
Nokia 3310 LCD Links
- Nokia LCD Library for AVR Atmega8 -- Promising. (Redirects to framed page, click on "Nokia LCD Lib" link) (Includes Atmega 8 to Nokia 3310 LCD schematic)
- Nokia 3310 LCD -- LCD Specifications, Bitmap Font and Windows Software "FastLCD for Creating Bitmap pictures"
- Nokia LCD (in Russian) -- LPT connections for 3110, 5120 and others
- Nokida 3310 LCD Driver using a PIC -- includes links
- Using Nokia LCD -- PIC-specific but includes schematic, links and discussion of the need for correct contrast
Other Nokia LCD Links
Additional information for Nokia 2280 LCD
I also now have a Nokia 2280 and am researching the LCD and controller in it. Here's what I've found:
- Nokia 3510, 3510i LCD Pinouts -- includes AVR Basic code
[2280 Service Manual] will give you pin outs and applicable voltages Volts IO = 1.8v Volts to power LCD 2.78v Schematic calls out LCD as DMS03214 but this may be a dead end if it is a nokia reference number. The controller part is harder if you cannot read it from the device on the LCD assy. This LCD is 96x65 and also used in Nokia 3510.