Learning About VirtualBox
Installing Windows 98 SE Upgrade
- CD media seems not to be bootable—also realised it was upgrade version
- After running D:\SETUP.EXE it crashes with a message after the registry scan text including:
dos mem corrupt, first_mcb
- Seems like the error is something to do with HIMEM extension.
- Chose option: (3) with no HIMEM.
- Setup runs but complains about not enough RAM.
- Ran setup with switch to ignore system requirements test I read about somewhere: SETUP.EXE /NM
- Upgrade version requires original install disk.
Installing Ubuntu 8.04 Alternate
- Pretty much click and go.