For all those people who wanted a way to takes notes while they
were on the net, rancidbacon.com presents: NoteTaker!
With NoteTaker! you simply select the text you want to keep, choose
"Take Note" from the context menu and your useful snippets are stored
for posterity--complete with source URL and date stamp!
- Mozilla 0.9.9 (other versions may work)
- The JSLib library from jslib.mozdev.org
- The NoteTaker! installer from rancidbacon.com
(Right click and choose "Save Link As..." & make
sure the file name is notetaker.xpi)
- Install JSLib file jslib_current_static.xpi
- Install the notetaker.xpi
- Restart your browser
How to Use
- A new item "Take Note" will now appear in your context menu
when you have text in the browser window selected.
- The first time you choose to "Take Note" you will be asked
for a location to save your notes.
- When the item is saved a confirmation will display in the
- And here's the results ...
- This software has not been widely tested AND YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- This software is licensed under the MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-license
for more details visit mozilla.org
- This only works under the browser and not mail or news at
- I have used this successfully under Mozilla 0.9.9 on Linux,
- I've had feedback that NoteTaker! also works with Windows 95/98
and Mozilla 1.0 Release Candidate 2.
- I'm keen to hear if you have success with NoteTaker! on other
platforms, either way please let me know.
- Thanks go out the JSlib crew & all at xulplanet.com/mozilla.org/mozdev.org
thanks for making the learning easier!
- To those on netscape.public.mozilla.wishlist sometimes you
get what you ask for.
Please note this tool is only available for Mozilla based browsers.
© Copyright rancidbacon.com 2001-2003. All rights reserved.